Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Does anoyone know the exact meaning for the name L'OREAL?

I know it's French. I would like to have an exact translation into English. Any ideas on where to look for answer to this?Does anoyone know the exact meaning for the name L'OREAL?
I was told by a French friend of mine that it means nothing.Does anoyone know the exact meaning for the name L'OREAL?
It's a NAME, not a word. Usually companies are named for the name of the person who founded it, or the location of the place it's made in.
I tried to investigate and came up with nothing...sorry
In 1907, Eug猫ne Schueller, a young French chemist, developed an innovative hair-color formula. He called his improved hair dye Aur茅ole. With that, the history of L'Or茅al began. Eug猫ne Schueller formulated and manufactured his own products, which he then sold to Parisian hairdressers.





L'Or茅al is derived from the word '; Aur茅ole'; wich is french for the word halo.(a radiant light around the head )

2 comments:

  1. My French pals tell me it is used in a vernacular sense and can mean well done or you can be proud etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter's name is L'oréal. I'll stick with the following:

    A variant of the original company name, Auréale, likely derived from the Old French aureole, from the Medieval Latin aureola, from the Latin aureolus "made of gold, golden; adorned, covered, or decorated with gold, gilded; of the color gold, golden; golden, beautiful, splendid, magnificent, excellent".

    ReplyDelete

 
credit union